GIVE A PUB CHAIN MORE TIME (GENTLEMEN PLEASE)
- Creative Directors: Daniel Headey
- Clare D'Andrea & Shwan Hamidi
- Copywriter: Daniel Headey (& Andrew Motion)
- Photographer: Ben Stockley (Yes
- the multi-award winning Ben Stockley)
- Agency: Elvis
VINTAGE INNS - FIND YOUR COUNTRY SIDE
Hundreds of rural pubs are closing every month. Mitchells & Butlers' Vintage Inns chain required a rebrand and a fully integrated relaunch. Quintessential English charm and quality food offering were the hooks. The idea was to use an ex-Poet Laureate to pen the print and include a 'poetry competition' for social channels. Using Sir Andrew Motion was somewhat serendipitous, as he's descended from a family of brewers.
- Food sales up 21% during the campaign
- Excellent PR and column inches re. Sir Motion.
- One of my own poems was actually used. (Can you spot it?).